Advantages of digitally conducted implantology

Why we should choose fully guided digital implantology?

Dental implants are the best option for patients to replace missing or compromised teeth. Implants are a permanent, not a temporary solution (like fillings for example) to a dental problem. It has been proven that 98% of all placed implants are successful manipulations. The remaining 2% of unsuccessfully placed implants are mainly due to their incorrect positioning. This is where digital planning comes in to reduce the risk of implant failure to almost zero.
Thanks to digitally conducted implantology, implant placement becomes much faster, safer and much more predictable as a final result. Originally developed for neurology, Digital (also known as computer-guided) surgery is now also used for implant placement. What happens with it:
1. First, a 3D X-Ray digital radiograph is taken, also known as CBCT, to show the volume of the bone around future implants:

2. Then the jaw is scanned with an intraoral digital scanner. We use the fastest and most accurate scanner on the market from the company 3Shape, Denmark.

After that, the impression of the patient thus created in the form of an STL file is sent to a specialized software for making a surgical guide. In our clinic, we use the most modern dental software for implant placing by 3Shape.
During the image processing itself, Dr. Parusheva can see with micron accuracy where the implant should be placed and at what angle. Not only that, but she has the ability to see what the condition of the bone is, where the mandibular nerve is located, the sinuses, how thick the bone is, and to position it in a way, so that it is properly placed without any further problems expected:

The Software shows the mandibular nerve in red and that the implant cannot be placed so close to it:

The design of a surgical guide:

As can be seen in the picture above, the surgical guide allows Dr. Parusheva to perfectly position the implant during the surgical intervention itself, according to the planning.
What this means in terms of advantages for our patients:
• The biggest advantage, of course, is the precise placement of the implant down to the micron. As a result, this allows successful placement to be achieved even in the most complex and medically challenging cases – something impossible with traditional implantology.
• When we talk about the cost of the implant, we rarely talk about a very important component, time. With us, the placement time and the recovery time are much shorter compared to traditional implantology.
• In many cases, thanks to the precise positioning, it is possible not to cut the gum in the traditional way, but to drill and place the implant minimally invasively, because all the time Dr. Parusheva knows exactly where it is thanks to digital technologies.
• The presence of an x-ray on the spot allows her to see where the implant is actually placed immediately after the procedure and to make sure of its successful placement.
• Additional comfort, at the request of the patient, can also be achieved by conducting the procedure under anesthesia under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
Last but not least, we must say that the investment in an implant, when well cared for, is actually a lifelong investment that pays off in addition to improved self-esteem from a better smile, and also from a functional point of view.

Dental Clinic label

 София, кв. “Оборище”,

ул. “Васил Друмев” 4 

тел: 0899915986

office@dr-parusheva.com

dr-parusheva@dr-parusheva.com

Dental Clinic label

 София, кв. “Оборище”,

ул. “Васил Друмев” 4 

тел: 0899915986

office@dr-parusheva.com

dr-parusheva@dr-parusheva.com